Wondering how to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars for the best results? They may seem a little alien at first, but there’s nothing mysterious or complicated about washing your hair with a bar. This simple guide will lead you through the process, step by step.
Moving from liquid shampoo to solid shampoo bars
Even if you’re on board with the environmental benefits of solid shampoo bars, it’s normal to be slightly daunted by actually using one.
Have you just bought your first bar? Or have you had a bad experience with using solid shampoo in the past? Perhaps you’re only considering switching from bottle to bar and want to know how it works before taking the plunge.
If you’re not sure whether solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars are right for you, our top 5 reasons to switch to solid shampoo bars might help you make your mind up.
Now, let’s head to the bathroom.
How to use solid shampoo bars
Using solid shampoo bars really isn’t very different from using liquid shampoo and it’s just as easy.
Here are your simple steps on how to use a solid shampoo bar to get healthier, softer hair:
- Wet both the solid shampoo bar and your hair
- Apply the bar directly to your wet hair (a few swipes only, it's concentrated!)
- Put your bar down and massage the shampoo into your scalp until it forms a gentle lather. The shampoo will become foamy, but might not froth quite as much as a liquid shampoo or bar that contains sulphates. Concentrate on working the lather into the roots of your hair
- Rinse your hair thoroughly before using your favourite KIND2 solid conditioner bar (if required)
It’s as simple as that!
How to use solid conditioner bars
Once you’ve successfully used your KIND2 solid shampoo bar, it’s time to pick up your solid conditioner bar...
- Use your conditioner bar to stroke your wet hair, paying particular attention to the ends
- Put down your bar down and massage the conditioner through the strands
- If your hair is very dry or prone to frizz, leave the conditioner to soak in for a few minutes
- Rinse your hair thoroughly
- Enjoy healthier locks that look and feel softer and more shiny
Our top tips for thick or long hair
You might be wondering, can I use a shampoo bar if I have thick or long hair? The answer is yes, but you might have to follow these simple tips to make it easier to distribute through your hair.
- Make sure your hair is really wet. The bar needs water to activate the ingredients and when you have more hair, that requires a bit more effort
- Section your hair and rub the bar into each bit the hair close to your scalp, particularly the parts that tend to be oiliest
- Massage through, working into the roots to create a lather
- You may need to wash twice if your hair tends to be oily
- When rinsing, you may also need to section your hair to get the water through it all
- For conditioning, sectioning will make it easier to apply and you can leave the conditioner on your ends for a while if they are dry
So, that’s how to use solid shampoo and conditioner bars, but what do you do with them once you’re out of the shower? This is how to store your bars to make sure they last.
Issues with using a solid shampoo bar
Have you tried using a solid shampoo bar in the past, only to find that your hair was left feeling dull and sticky? Don’t rule out solid shampoo altogether. It may well have been because of the bar’s pH.
Because KIND2’s solid shampoo bars and conditioner bars are soap free and pH balanced, they’ll leave your hair soft, strong and nourished.
It could also be that you have simply used too much. Our bars are really concentrated, with no filler ingredients and so a few (3 - 5) swipes on your wet hair depending on the length and thickness of your hair, should be enough. You are better to do two washes with less product than use too much which will make it harder to rinse out.
Use KIND2’s solid shampoo and conditioner bars for healthier hair
Now that you know how simple it is to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars, it’s time to get your own.
KIND2’s bars are full of powerful and natural plant-based ingredients. They’re gentle on your hair and they promote its health.
Are you curious about how KIND2 came about? Read about what it takes to create a plastic free beauty brand and the inspiration behind it all.